A Kenny C. Guinn Memorial Millennium Scholarships may be awarded to four students each year to bestow additional scholarships to students majoring in elementary or secondary education with the intent of teaching in Nevada and who meet the following criteria:
- Must have satisfied the eligibility requirements of the Governor Guinn Millennium Scholarship pursuant to NRS 396.930;
- Must be entering his/her senior or last year of college at an eligible institution;
- Be enrolled in and remain enrolled in a course of study leading to licensure in elementary or secondary education;
- Maintain a college grade point average of not less than 3.5 on a 4.0 grading scale or commensurate level of academic achievement provided to and verified by the College Savings Board for students enrolled at an educational institution that does not calculate the grade point average;
- State a commitment to teaching in Nevada upon graduation; and
- Have a commendable record of community service.